This is my 5th Smokefree world smokefree day. What a mouthful that is 🙂
Just looked in our paper and although there is an ad for some stop smoking pills, there is no mention of world smoke free day!! Not on the front page or any side pages 😦
Normally I don’t rattle on about stats as most smokers see them but not really, if you know what i mean. I saw them but didn’t want to. However today needs some stats and they are shocking BUT smoking is reducing. I know in NZ, about 20% of people smoke but 10-15 years ago it was almost double that. We have come along way.
- 5.4 MILLION people die annually from smoking or smoking related illness, most of these can be prevented.
- Smoking kills over 50% of all people who smoke. Are you willing to risk it? I wasn’t, after I took my bloody head out of the sand.
- this link is pretty creepy http://www.who.int/tobacco/publications/health_effects/smokers_body/en/index.html
- You guys know all this but just in case you don’t http://www.who.int/tobacco/quitting/en_tfi_quitting_fact_sheet.pdf
- Quatar Health staff support world smoke free day:http://www.bernama.com/bernama/v6/newsworld.php?id=669841
Have a good world smoke free day!!
Stay strong and smoke free.